Atom Bomb : The working of atom bomb is based on Nuclear Fission process in which an uncontrolled chain reaction takes place and a large amount of energy is released in a short time.
In an atom bomb, two sub-critical masses of Uranium-235 (U-235) and Plutonium-239 (Pu-239) are brought together in less than a micro second.
Since, The combined mass exceeds the critical mass (definite mass), a violent explosion takes place.
In such explosions a temperature of 10^7 Degree Celsius or even more and a pressure of several million atmosphere is developed Along with this large quantities of radioactive materials and blinding flashes of light are also produced.
Consequently all the objects and living creatures within a region of several miles are completely destroyed.
Hydrogen Bomb : The mechanism of this bomb is based on Nuclear Fusion.
Deuterium and Tritium at very high temperature with the release of enormous energy.
The hydrogen bomb has a very strong casing inside of which is an ordinary atomic bomb known as “Trigger” and a vessel containing deuterium and tritium.
The condition necessary for the development of a thermonuclear reaction takes place very rapidly. Hydrogen Bomb is 1000 times more powerful than Atom Bomb.
Neutron Bomb : It is one kind of Atom Bomb. It is used, for the destruction of human beings but the buildings and houses are not destroyed or wasted.
You May Like —
- What is Transistor? Describe the Types of Transistor.
- Explain the Term Genetic Engineering. What are It’s Uses?
- Why is the Conservation of Forests, Wild Life, Soil and Water Essential?
- Write a Short Note on Vascular System of Heart.
- What is Energy? And Sources Or Importance of Energy.
- What Do You Mean By Environment and Conservation?
- Write a Short Note on Circulatory System of Man
- What are the Differences Between DNA and RNA?
- What is Green House Effect? Explain.