There are two types of substances in the world; Living Thing and Non-living Thing.
The body of living beings are made of cells. The nucleus of human cell contains 23 pairs of chromosomes. The process of alteration in the Genetic Code of the chromosomes is known as Genetic Engineering.
The number of chromosomes in nucleus cells of other living beings are different.
Genetic Information are carried over by DNA. The technology of changing the genes of DNA in the body building process is called Genetic Engineering.
This change takes place in two ways —
- Fragmentation Method and
- Cloning Method
In fact genetic engineering is a modern surgical science.
It is uses are —
- In artificial pregnancy.
- In the production of a test tube baby.
- In producing human beings of developed qualities.
- In the production of insulin.
- In the production of the cancer medicine Interferoine.
- In improving the breed of fruits, crops and animals.
You May Like —
- What are the Differences Between DNA and RNA?
- Write a Short Note on Vascular System of Heart.
- Write a Short Note on Circulatory System of Man
- Why is the Conservation of Forests, Wild Life, Soil and Water Essential?
- What is Energy? And Sources Or Importance of Energy.
- What is Transistor? Describe the Types of Transistor.
- What Do You Mean By Environment and Conservation?
- What is Green House Effect? Explain.