Kinetic Energy and Potential Energy
There are many types of energy. i.e. Kinetic Energy, Potential Energy, Heat Energy, Chemical Energy, Electrical Energy, Magnetic Energy, Sound Energy, Light Energy, Atomic Energy etc.
Kinetic Energy and Potential Energy are the two forms of mechanical energy. Total energy of the universe is present in these two forms.
1. Kinetic Energy : The capacity of body for doing work by virtue of its mass and velocity conjointly is called the kinetic energy of the body.
The kinetic energy of a body is measured by the amount of work that a body can do before coming to rest. Kinetic energy is a Scalar Quantity.
K.E. = 1/2mv²
For example : A moving car, A bullet shot from gun, A flowing river etc.
2. Potential Energy : The capacity of a body for doing work by virtue of its position or configuration is called potential energy of the body.
P.E. = mgh
For example : Water at top of waterfall wound up, Coil spring of a clock, compressed gas, etc.
You May Also Like —
- What is Green House Effect? Explain.
- What are the Differences Between DNA and RNA?
- What are the Fertilizers and It’s Types?
- What is Pollution?
- Write a Short Note on Vascular System of Heart.
- Explain the Term Genetic Engineering. What are It’s Uses?
- What is Energy? And Sources Or Importance of Energy.
- What is Transistor?
- What Do You Mean by Atom Bomb, Hydrogen Bomb and Neutron Bomb